Google Analytics

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Way Wren Makes Me Feel

I've already touched on our ceremony spot and how it was the easiest decision that I've made to date, but since Mr. Hawk and I had a little extra time to spend in Wren Chapel due to my bridal scatterbrain (Oops!), I figured I'd share a little more information about the place that will forever stay near and dear to my heart.

The Chapel of Sir Christopher Wren is housed in the Sir Christopher Wren Building, often shortened to just "Wren" by students and faculty alike. Wren is located on the historic or "old campus" and serves as the gateway from Colonial Williamsburg into the university. I won't bore y'all with too much history, but Wren is the oldest college building in the United States and was constructed between 1695 and 1699. (If history is your thang, you can read more here!)

Being as old as it is, Wren Chapel has somehow developed its own energy. Just walking through the door, I am immediately surrounded by an indescribable buzzing and hum of electricity. I swear I get goosebumps every time! It still kind of takes my breath away.


Yesterday was Mr. Hawk's first visit inside of the actual chapel and although I don't think he feels quite the same connection with the chapel as I do, I could tell by his look and how he excitedly discussed some details and semantics of the ceremony with me that he loves it as well. We were lucky to be the only ones in the chapel during our visit and it was a very special few moments that we shared. I can't even begin to imagine how much different it will feel when filled with all our family and friends!

Do you feel a special connection with either your ceremony or reception spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment