Google Analytics

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Chairs of Every Girl's Dreams

(Or maybe just mine.)

Do enough blog stalking of SMP (along with every other bridal blog out there!), and you'll be hard-pressed not to find a least a dozen inspirational photos featuring chiavari chairs (aka ballroom chairs).

Image via Deanie Michelle Events via The Knot

Image via Style Me Pretty, Photo by Tana Photography
Simple yet just enough detail and daintyness, chiavari are pretty much the "it chair" of the wedding world. (Hello, even Jackie-O used them when she wed JFK! And y'all know she is the epitome of class.)

Image Via Vibianla
Unfortunately for many brides, myself included, these beauties come with a hefty price tag. With some companies charging upwards of $9-11/chair, I thought having chiavari chairs at our wedding reception was just a pipe dream. (But I thought... why not just do a little research...Just in case. Famous last words, right?)

I had remembered reading Mrs. Cloud's post about using chiavari chairs in the Richmond area, so I started with her vendor, Magic Special Events. They were very helpful and friendly, but at $7.75 a pop plus cushions AND mileage to Williamsburg? I knew they were out of budget.

So I searched the Hampton Roads area. Acclaimed rentals offered them, but they too were out of our range. From there I visited Distinctive Event Rental's site and was incredibly impressed with their selection. They even offered a range of colored seat cushions, but again at about $7.50 a piece, I couldn't justify the rental. I started to get frustrated with the lack of rental options, so I figured who knows the area better than my caterer? She works with these people all the time! I sent her an email immediately. She let me know that Distinctive and Williamsburg Event Rentals both offered them, but she actually had a stock of gold ones herself offered at a discounted rate of $5/chair. (Thank you, Lord!)

I called up Mr. Hawk for approval and actually waited a couple days to ask again. He responded, "I thought you took care of that forever ago!" I guess it was a go! I went ahead and reserved the chairs. I couldn't be more in love (with a chair, that is.)

Did you fall in love with chiavari as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment