Google Analytics

Monday, October 24, 2011

Clothing our Tables

When Mr. Hawk and I met with Laura of Williamsburg Catering Company a few months back, she was offering a special that included use of their linens for no additional charge if we signed by the end of the month. At our initial meeting after discussing the basics of our menu, Laura showed us some of the linen options so we could get an idea of what they offered. Her first suggestion was to begin with our color palette. She showed us their aqua and yellow table cloths. The look was fine and her samples did match the colors perfectly, but I quickly realized that I didn't want to be so literal with our colors.

Imagine something like this stacked:
Image via Factory Direct Party
Image via ebay
Nixed!

When she walked away to grab some more linens, I spied the perfect tablecloth folded in the corner left out from a previous meeting. Oatmeal in color and heavier in fabric, it wasn't something I had seen before, but I knew I loved it. It wasn't quite as thick as burlap, but it had texture to it. It felt vintage, rustic enough without being out of place for our venue. Here is it on display at the Open House Mr. Hawk and I attended last weekend. It even works in this ballroom setting!

Personal Photo
I was very excited to have found the first major element to our table decor (besides the antique mason jars, of course!) It was a great starting point. Now because I wanted to add more visual interest and play with texture, I decided that I needed to add a runner of some sort, but more that to come!

How did you decide on your linens?

No comments:

Post a Comment