Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Reason to be Inspired

Recently I got to meet a very special newborn old baby girl, the daughter of BM K and her hubby Groomsman R. Over the past couple months, after finding out about BM K's pregnancy, (and maybe even before then?), I've been thinking about how BM K and GM R are one of my "inspirational couples." When I look at them and see how much love and mutual respect they have for each other, I can't help but hope that one day Mr. Hawk and I can be as great of a team as they are. (Not to say that Mr. Hawk and I are a crappy team! But we're still learning and establishing ourselves as a unit.) BM K and GM R are always affectionate and kind towards each other. I have never seen them publicly argue and they really have a true partnership.

In the day and age where divorce seems to have run rampant, and people can't WAIT to spit out divorce statistics, it is so fantastic to see couples who are making it work and are blissfully happy. Take Momma and Daddy Hawk for another example. (My other inspirational couple!) They have been married almost 35 years. They have survived raising 1.5 children (they've still got a few more years to go on the short stack), four cross-country moves, numerous careers, unemployment, all amongst other typical family struggles and life in general. Somehow after all that, they seem as close and as in love as ever! (Take that, Mr. Statistician!)
I hope Mr. Hawk and I are still having this much fun in 35 years!! (personal photo)
I really do feel blessed to have real-life inspirational couples in my life. Not the couples of television and movies, but couples who have and are currently dealing with real life struggles. Couples I can look to for guidance, encouragement, and a little dash of gold ole' hope. I truly believe that Mr. Hawk and I have the stuff to make it. So what is "the stuff?" Lord, don't I wish I knew! But looking at my inspirational couples I think it's desire to make it work, mutual respect, common interests and goals and the ability to not sweat the small stuff. (Phew! Seems like a tall order, huh?!)

Who are your inspiration couples? Do you look to family or friends for relationship guidance?




No comments:

Post a Comment