Google Analytics

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Aqua Blue to the Rescue!

Remember my initial color inspiration and how I eventually chucked it to start anew? Well y'all, I’m ready to share a very important update! I've finally found the inspiration I was looking for! I knew that I was all about yellow, but for some reason I was fighting my girly-girl nature. I must admit that it took a lot of long hours in front of the computer screen, but with my (non-DIY'd) blue mason jars in hand, I knew I was onto something. The combination was fresh and springy, perfect for our May wedding. Aqua blue and yellow, it was! (Phew, that was easy! Who would have known those little jars would have been so instrumental in my decision?) But just to prevent any future waffling and wavering on my part, I decided to throw in some green and rose pink accents. (See, I couldn’t fight the pink!)

Top Row: Bouquet via Kelly's Wedding Flowers Gallery, (upper: Love Birds Topper via Vintage Green Modern, Cupcakes via Wedding Magazine by Cakes by Robin , Monogram via Charming Little Nest by Southern Proper Monogram), (lower: via Hayden Olivia Photo by Critsey Rowe, Sign via Family Attic) Arrangement via White on Rice Couple
Bottom Row: Table setting via Green Wedding Shoes Photo by Edyta Szyszlo Photography, Bouquet and Bow ties via Southern Weddings Magazine Photo via 1313 Photography, Lemonade stand via Brenda's Wedding Blog photo by Bello Photography styled by Desiree Spinner Events



I don't want anything that looks too baby nursery, so I'm going to make sure to keep the yellow and aqua vibrant. (But I do love how the other colors add visual interest.) Best of all the color combination fits my vision of "southern vintage/shabby chic," which I must admit was partially inspired by our menu. 

How did you come to your final color decision? Were there other parts of the planning that helped you decide?

No comments:

Post a Comment