Google Analytics

Friday, October 14, 2011

Favors and Guest book? DONE and DONE.

Since I confessed my love for photography, it should hardly come as a surprise that having a photographer and second shooter at my wedding was just not going to be enough. I wanted to incorporate other ways to photograph are guests having fun.

Attending my cousin's wedding about a year and a half ago, I discovered the wonder of the photo booth. They had fun props like boas, funny glasses, hats... Now I know this is nothing new to the wedding world, but since it was the first wedding I was able to attend as an adult, I just thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread! And as a twist from the guest book norm, they had a table set up with scrapbooking pages, stickers, and markers so that guests could make their own page and offer well-wishes and advice to the couple.
Image Via My Daily Wedding Deals, Photo by Circle City Photobooth
Pretty much as soon as we started planning I kept mentioning the photo booth idea to Mr. Hawk. Having never been to a wedding featuring one, he couldn't quite grasp my enthusiasm. It wasn't too difficult to finally get him on board. (I'm sure my incessant gushing had nothing to do with it) But we were still unsure that it was in the cards due to budget constraints with our reception venue. Well remember how I told you that booking Legacy Hall really opened up some wiggle room in the budget? Well, HELLO PHOTO BOOTH!
Image via Williamsburg Photo Booth
Luckily Williamsburg Photo Booth was available for our day and we didn't hesitate to book them. And like at my cousin's wedding, they will provide a scrapbook to serve as our guest book for everyone to leave a message with a copy of the photo strip. I intend to make some cute little signage with instructions on the guest book and may even DIY some of those cute mustaches that I've seen popping up all over the web. But I am extremely happy to report that both my guestbook and favors are basically complete!

Image via The Knot, Photo By Stell Alesi
Did you come across an idea that killed two birds with one stone?

No comments:

Post a Comment