Google Analytics

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dressing My Tootsies


After finding my dress, my next mission was shoes. (I would love to show pictures, but the Mister assured me he wouldn’t be able to avoid the temptation! So you'll have to get by with my rather elusive description.) My dress is a very classic modified A-line style gown with a bit of a vintage look. (I'm sure that doesn't help at all!) I wanted a shoe that reflected a similar style. I also knew that I loved color, but I wasn’t necessarily set on it. I wanted something somewhat delicate and definitely feminine. The downfall was that it had to be a flat/kitten heel. 


I’m not a super-tall girl, but at 5’7”, I am above average. The dress I ordered fit me perfectly at the length it was, but the catch was that I would only be able to wear a minimal heel. I did have the option to add additional length, but at a couple hundred bucks for a few inches plus extra alterations fees, it just didn’t seem practical. (Plus, I’m a total flats girl anyways. I love you, Tory Burch!) With Momma and Sis Hawk in tow, we hit up every major department store in Richmond, plus made a trip to the Williamsburg outlets. I was extremely disheartened, finding really only two viable options:


(Please excuse my horribly swollen feet after a full day of shopping)


Personal Photo

 (Left: Vera Wang Lavender Label "Luna" flat, Right Kate Spade "Marlena," which comes in Ivory)




The next day we visited Carytown, a quaint area in Richmond's uptown neighborhood featuring strictly boutique shopping. In the first store we visited, I found these:

Soothe by Butter in Nude via Shopstyle
I was in love AND they were on sale! I excitedly snatched them up and made a special trip to Bella Rosa, where I purchased my gown, to try them on. They were comfy, girly, and at the perfect height. I was sold. Unfortunately as time has passed, I've become a little disenchanted with in my decision. I think part of the problem was that I came across these babies online:
Manolo Blahnik Hangisi flat via Hotfrog
Since finding them, I now can't picture myself wearing anything else. The problem? Well, these come with a Manolo price tag. And even more of an issue? The blue color was a 2010 design and so far impossible to find. I've seen a lot of knock-offs online but none of the real thing. I set up an ebay alert just in case they happen to be listed online in my size, but I really can't think of any other way to find them. (Sigh.)

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do about my tootsies at this point, but I have plenty of time to decide. I'm going to keep my options open and perhaps by some miracle, my dream shoes will cross my path.

Was there ever a time when finding your perfect "something" was right out of your reach?


No comments:

Post a Comment