Google Analytics

Monday, October 3, 2011

Beating the Blues

I'm sure you can relate. There are just some days when I move a little slower and am feeling a little less "sunny." Well, today was one of those days. Mr. Hawk was leaving to go out of town for work and I was feeling down in the dumps. The air had somehow turned cold, it was overcast and breezy, and the only things I could think about were my workload at the office, bootcamp at the park in the freezing cold, and having three super pent-up dogs that I'd have to deal with after everything else. Top it off with following up on some wedding emails? I was feeling like I'd be lucky to fall into bed before PM turned to AM again.

I ran off to work, barely having a moment to kiss Mr. Hawk goodbye before heading out to complete my multitude of tasks. I went about my day just hoping to get through. When I popped home to throw on my workout gear, I was still in blinders mode, looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. That's when I happened across a sweet little note attached to my mirror. A huge smile immediately came across my face, but I didn't have time to call Mr. Hawk before running out again for bootcamp.

"I want to marry you"
When I made it back home for the second time, I was even more exhausted. I had my butt kicked in class and I was ready to make some dinner. I went to hang up my keys on our shelf and I came across another note. Heading to the kitchen to cook some dinner, I found still another note.

"I miss you"
"I love you!"
I was feeling pretty freakin' special at that point.  Looking forward to talking to Mr. Hawk ASAP, I hurriedly cooked some soup and started to eat my dinner. Before I could finish, he rang me up to check in. I went on gushing about the notes and how sweet they were. He asked me how many I had found. Three? Oh no, there was still another waiting to be discovered! Of course not to be the one to just wait and "happen upon" it, I went to the bedroom, the only room I hadn't been in since leaving for work. That's when I found this last little beauty waiting atop my pillow.

"I want to spend my life with you!"
At the risk of being a braggart, I've got to say that I have a great man. It was still a rough day filled with responsibility, but Mr. Hawk really lightened my load. He eased my stress by reminding me that he cares. Even though it was a simple gesture, I know he took the time just to put a smile on my face. I don't know about y'all, but little gestures to support the ones you love? I think that's key to a successful partnership.

How do you show your significant other you care? Has your man ever gone out of his way to brighten your day? (I sure hope so!)

All photos personal

No comments:

Post a Comment