Google Analytics

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Clothing our Tables: Part 2

So after selecting my tablecloths, I knew I was ready to add another layer of pizazz in the form of a table runner or overlay. Perhaps unluckily for me, there were an abundance of options available to keep me from nailing down a decision.

At first I was mesmerized by the beauty that is doily table runners like these:


 


Images via Ruffled Blog, Photos by Tracy Turpen
But then I reconsidered thinking that while beautiful, these runners were more vintage and less shabby chic.

The doilies did get me thinking though. (Thinking about lace!)

Image via Weddingbee Classifieds, photo by juneg
I loved this option as well, but I was jonesing for more color!

My next inspiration was the ribbon table runner. I imagined a more "finished" version of this (perhaps with a yellow backdrop rather than the burlap):

Image via Emmaline Bride via Ucreate Parties
Or something like this with a bit more color:
Image via Project Wedding via Elizabeth Anne Designs
 The ribbons were definitely a contender. Shabby chic? Yes. Feminine? Y.E.S.

But there was always old faithful, the patterned table runner:
Image via Etsy shop Floratouch
Simple, classic, and preppy. I could not go wrong with this option.

I've got to be honest and admit that I still haven't made a final decision. But I have narrowed it down to the classic patterned runner or the ribbon runner that I could DIY. (I'm feeling a project coming on!)

Did you decide to use a runner or did you chose to stick with the classic tablecloth?

No comments:

Post a Comment