Google Analytics

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Location, location, location

Since I’ve come clean with my issue of patience, I’m sure this next confession will hardly come as a surprise... I started planning out details of the wedding (only in my head, I swear!) before I was formally engaged. (I certainly can't be alone in this, right?) From the very beginning for whatever reason there was NO question in my mind about where I wanted to get married. I attended a small public school in Williamsburg, Virginia, and my experiences and memories there stuck with me. Besides the historical aspect, there really isn’t much going on in the ‘burg; however what it lacks in entertainment, Williamsburg makes up for in beauty. Quiet, quaint, and picturesque are all words that accurately describe the ‘burg. And although these things perhaps aren’t the perfect ingredients of a party school, they certainly do make up the recipe of my ideal wedding locale.
Since I had already planned this aspect out, I was ready to go email guns blazing once we were engaged. They did make us wait it out on the waiting list for a couple weeks, but luckily due to my fast moving and pre-planning (see it was helpful!), we were able to have the date and time of our choice! Naturally (and to Mr. Hawk’s dismay) when I received the email confirmation, I immediately started jumping around the house doing some really uncool happy dance moves and grabbed a bottle of champagne to be popped. We had a ceremony spot!

Did you do any pre-engagement planning? (Don’t worry, I won’t tell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment