Google Analytics

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bridal Scatterbrain

Oh boy, y'all. I really messed up this time! A few weeks back Mr. Hawk and I had a busy wedding-filled weekend planned. I went bridesmaids dress shopping that Saturday and had a tasting scheduled for Sunday with our caterer and a flower consultation afterward... Or so I thought...

Mr. Hawk and I got up and went to church. From there we left straight for Williamsburg. An hour drive down the road and we were there. Being short on time, I suggested that we the sandwiches we grabbed while walking to our next destination. (No time to sit an relax!) When we arrived at the open house, the building seemed pretty dead. Since it was extraordinarily quiet, Mr. Hawk suggested I double-check my email invite. I had been reading the invite details on the car ride, so it was still open on my phone. We were at the right location, right time...but wrong date. [UUUHG!!] The tasting was actually scheduled for the NEXT weekend.

I immediately began apologizing profusely for my error. How could I let this happen? (And how did I overlook the date when we were driving in the dang car?!) Mr. Hawk was shocked that I could be responsible for such an "epic fail." (His words, not mine.) I am usually so on top of things! (Hello, planning is straight up my thing!) The only way I can rationalize my mistake is to attribute it to bridal scatterbrain. Like every other bride, I have so many things on my plate. At any given time, I feel like I'm juggling a hand full of decisions, selections, and search queries. The only thing I can do is be better about scheduling appointments in my phone calendar. (But honestly I've never needed to until now. Darn you, bridal scatterbrain.) At least we made the most of our visit and spent some time at Wren Chapel, our ceremony spot.

Via Open Library


Have you ever become overwhelmed with all things you were juggling and been hit with bridal scatterbrain?

No comments:

Post a Comment