Google Analytics

Monday, October 17, 2011

Let's Talk about the Tunes

I am quite the little music enthusiast. From country to hip hop and oldies to contemporary rock, I love it all. And although I consider myself an equal opportunity music enjoyer, I still have somewhat of a "discerning taste."  So when Mr. Hawk and I started discussing our music options, we knew that we wanted to go the DJ route for the ability to enjoy a plethora of music styles. But at the same time we didn't want just anyone behind the DJ booth. We wanted to avoid the super-cheeseball DJ that turned our wedding into his own personal stage. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Pauly D. I may be fascinated by the train wreck that is Jersey Shore, but stay away from my wedding!)

Image via Leisure Blogs, Photo by Darkroom Demons
I think I really hit the nail on the head when I found Liz Daley of Liz Daley Events. She came with tons of glowing recommendations, and when Mr. Hawk and I first met with Liz for our initial consultation, I instantly got good vibes. She was so personable and enthusiastic, but at the same time she was professional and meticulously organized. During our consultation she showed us videos from previous weddings she had worked, and we were able to view a small sampling of her incredibly expansive music library. She detailed her equipment and set-up and even let us know about her in-case-of-emergency backup plans. She really eased any fears I had. But I think what really sold me on Liz was her focus on us and how we could tailor the reception to be very personal and unique to us as a couple. She was all about making the event an unforgettable experience, where everyone would leave thinking, "that was just so Hawk and Mr. Hawk!" I knew with Liz that our reception wasn't going to be a cookie-cutter experience. After our consultation, I immediately quit my search. I knew I had found everything I was looking for (and MORE!).

I have a top-secret-for-now project up my sleeves to work on with Liz over the coming months, but hopefully I can share a few more details on that in the near future.

How was your journey to find wedding entertainment? Was it slow-going or easy-peasy like my experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment