Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CONFESSION: I am a horrible decision-maker

I think it's possible that some of y'all might be operating under the misconception that I'm a decisive person. I mentioned how I found my dress on my first outing, and I've described the ease of booking some of my vendors and even securing my ceremony venue. But let me be very clear: those situations were exceptions to the rule. I just happened to have a strong feeling about those decisions, and my gut led me in the right direction. When it comes to most things, I am crippled with indecision. (Ok, maybe crippled is a little extreme, but it is serious, y'all.) My latest dilemma? Picking a domain name for our wedding website.
Image via Joe the Nutrition Pro
I know, I know. I should not be stressing over something so trivial, right? But in the moment it was monumentally important. I wanted our web address to be easy to remember but kinda sweet. I had a few ideas I liked, but then Mr. Hawk threw a wrench in the plan. (Although I must admit I was already thinking it in the back of my mind. AND trying to ignore it.) Since I've found my new love of blogging, the mister thought keeping the website after the wedding might be a priority. And why not keep the same domain name so family and friends could continue to check in with us after the site gets a post-wedding revamp? He really had a point. And I hated it. This added another layer of difficulty because no longer could the site be "www.mshawkandmrhawkgettingmarried.com" or "www.thehawks2012.com". It had to be something with staying power.

I consulted Mr. Hawk, Momma Hawk, and MOH A. (I even googled "wedding website domain name suggestions." Don't bother, there's nothing really there.) I agonized for hours (and called Momma Hawk and Mr. Hawk AGAIN.) At the end of the day I thought back to my elementary school days of K.I.S.S. (Remember this acronym? "Keep it simple, stupid.") Along with the help of Mr. H, K.I.S.S. helped me snap out of my incessant waffling. I decided simple was better. Memorable was most important. I chose the domain name that I had been favoring all along: www.mshawklovesmrhawk.com. It just happened to be the option that was easiest to recall and also usable post-wedding.

I don't know why I overcomplicate things! Do you suffer from the same problem or do you just naturally live by the K.I.S.S. mantra?



No comments:

Post a Comment