Google Analytics

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Priority #1: Photography!

When it came time to prioritize the aspects of our wedding and how we would divide the budget, I knew that for me photography was key. I've always been obsessed with photos. Although I'm no professional, I'm the girl who always carries her camera and plays paparazzi when we're out on the town with friends.

Photo via Florida Political Press
Naturally this obsession carried over to wedding planning. Mr. Hawk didn't quite understand the importance, but after seeing me in action the past couple years, he wasn't about to dispute it. I wanted timeless images of the engagement and wedding that would last a lifetime.

Being an extensive researcher, I started searching the typical avenues: Weddingbee, The Knot, photo blogs. But I also came across these sites: the Wedding Photojournalist Association, the Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photojournalist Association, and Professional Photographers of America. These resources really introduced me to a new set of photographers that I had not necessary come across before. In fact, without them, I'm not sure if I ever would have come across the awesome-ness that is Valerie Demo Photography.

Now I know y'all might be thinking I'm putting the cart before the horse with all this gushing, but we were lucky enough to meet up with Valerie around the end of September for our engagement session. And if her preview pics are any indication, the wedding will definitely be captured in a timeless fashion!

I'll leave you with one preview picture, but don't worry, much more to come on our engagement session later...


Was there an aspect of the wedding that most important to you? Was it food/photography/flowers/something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment