Google Analytics

Friday, October 7, 2011

Save-The-Date Indecision

I made the decision a while back that Save-The-Dates were pretty much non-negotiable. Even though most of Mr. Hawk's family is located in and around the Richmond area, my family is quite spread out. (California, Arizona, Georgia...need I go on?) So deciding to send them was the easy part. In what form to send them was where I got stumped. I wanted to go somewhat of a traditional route and have nailed it down to two options: the postcard or the magnet.

I kind of love the idea of a postcard. They're more unique, a little retro, and I like the idea of being able to include a short message on the back. (Plus, they are an affordable option!) I just love this design from Wedding Paper Divas. It fits our theme, location, and it's pretty much already in our colors!

Via Wedding Paper Divas

My only concern is that they might have a higher probability of getting lost in the shuffle. If y'all are anything like me, I H.A.T.E. junk mail. It barely makes it into the house before getting trashed. And my concern is that something as thin as a postcard might be less noticeable than a card or magnet in an envelope. I would be devastated if they inadvertently ended up in the trashcan. So, this brings me to the other option, the magnet.

Who doesn't love magnets? They're trendy and actually very useful! (I have several on my fridge from weddings that have long-since past.) And with a magnet, there really is no worry of them being discarded. They're heavy enough not to be missed. Here is the design I've been eyeing from Magnet Street:
Via Magnet Street
The only downfalls to the magnet route are: 1. Are magnets overdone? In the past couple years, every wedding I have been invited to featured a STD magnet except one. 2. They are almost double the cost of the postcard option, not including extra postage if necessary. (I haven't really looked into that aspect yet.)

I'm still holding out on making a final decision. I'm hoping when I get access to my full engagement session photos, that perhaps they will steer me one direction over the other.

Did you send STDs? Do you think my postcard worries are justified?




No comments:

Post a Comment