Google Analytics

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gifting the Bridesmaids: DIY Monogram Glassware


When I was thinking about gifts for my bridesmaids, I knew I wanted them to be something that would come in handy on the wedding day, something they could enjoy in the future, or possibly both!

One of the first things that came to mind was glassware. I don't know about y'all but I definitely plan on sipping on a celebratory glass of champagne or mimosa with my ladies while we get beautiful pre-ceremony. Enter personalized champagne flutes.

Materials used: Champagne flutes, glass paint, paint brushes, spouncers, rubbing alcohol, glass paint pen
 

I started by cleaning the glass with rubbing alcohol and taping the letter I printed to the inside of the glass.

Initially I tried painting with a very fine paint brush, but I found that it was super difficult to have perfectly smooth lines. Being the perfectionist I am, the squiggles weren't cutting it. (Mess ups are easily fixed with the rubbing alcohol and a paper towel!)


This is when I switched over to the paint pen marker. Let me just say, BEST.INVENTION.EVER. It was so easy to use and the lines came out clean. Here's a close up to prove it!

Tada! No squiggles
After completing all the initials, I let them dry for 30 minutes. Then I used the spouncer to add polka dots to the glasses in various colors. I also painted the bottoms of the glasses in yellow to match the ladies' dresses.

Once I was satisfied with the them, I let them air dry for 48 hours before baking them in the oven. (Put glassware in cool oven. Preheat to 350 degrees and let them bake for 30 minutes. Then turn the oven off and let the glass cool. [I opened the oven so it could vent and speed up the cooling process.])

And because we can't make mimosas without a pitcher or chill the champagne without an ice bucket, I found another way to incorporate our monogram! 

Hope you're not sick of it yet because this is not the last you've seen of our monogram!
 
The entire glassware collection
 
I'm really excited to use these during our get-ready girl time. Hopefully the ladies will love them as much as I do.
Are you DIYing personalized gifts for the bridesmaids?

All photos personal

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I wish I was more crafty so I could do some DIY.

    ReplyDelete