Google Analytics

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lovely Locks: Hair Inspiration

Remember when I told y'all about my hair obsession? Well, I'm still growing it out. (No fun changes for this lady.) And I am still equally obsessed with the idea of the PWC. (Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait...) See? I've already gone and lost my focus... Back to the topic at hand.

Today I'm going in for my last major haircut before the big day, and in preparation, I started consolidating all of the hair inspiration pictures I've been collecting over the past couple months.  I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed almost all of them looked exactly the same. It's kind of exciting to have a definitive feeling of what I want for once! Relaxed waves with part of my hair pulled up and a little volume is the look I will be going for.

Image via Style Me Pretty, Photo by Stephanie Reeder Photography

Image via Wedding Channel, Photo by Jeremy Hess Photographers
When thinking about my wedding day hari, there was one thing that kept drawing me to these styles: I want to look like myself. This roughly translates to: I will wear my hair down. I'm not knocking anyone who decides to go with elaborate up-dos. I think they're gorgeous and elegant, and this may be one of the only ocassions I'd be able to rock a killer up-do; however, I rarely wear my hair up unless I'm running late to work and don't have time for a full blow-dry. Wearing my hair down feels like me. Possibly just as important, wearing my hair down is the reason I've been stuck in a hair rut for the past twelve months, and dang it I am going to show off all that hair.

What did you look for when chosing your wedding day hair style? Anyone else wearing their hair down?

No comments:

Post a Comment