Google Analytics

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lovely Locks: Hair Accessories

I may not have mentioned it previously, but for the ceremony I will be rocking a veil. But for the reception, I wanted to wear something fun in my hair like a jeweled clip, flower, or headband. I spent quite a bit of time on etsy favoriting way too many items, until I narrowed it down to these:
Ivory Fabric Flower Bridal Fascinator  with pearls,rhinestones and  lace (Available in Ivory or White)
Facinator with lace and pearls by svitlanasbridalveils
So gorgeous and timeless, this fascinator was an immediate front-runner, but I worried it wouldn't fit with my hair style. Where would I pin it?

Pearl bridal comb,bridal hair comb crystal and pearl,wedding hair accessories,crystal hair comb,wedding comb,wedding hair comb pearl,crystal
Pearl bridal comb by Amoretto
I was also a huge fan of the jeweled and pearl bridal comb for its sparkle and elegance, but I found myself leaning more towards other options.
Flower and netting vintage wedding bridal hair piece lace flower Beige Ivory Fascinator pearls hair clip
Flower hair piece by LeFlowers
I love, love, LOVE hair flowers, but I wasn't 100% sold. I found a lot of them were too big for my taste and the look I was imagining. I suppose I could have DIY'd a la Miss Coyote to make one the perfect size, but my project list was already too long for my liking.

Then I came across these clay hair flowers:
Ready to Ship - The Original Gardenia Hair Flower for Weddings as seen in Southern Weddings  Magazine in Antique White with Alligator Clip
Gardenia hair flower by dkdesignshawaii
Cue the Heavens parting. These gardenia clips are so sweet and delicate, exactly what I envisioned. Once I saw a photo with a bride wearing a pair of the flowers tucked into her half-up style, I was completely sold.
Ready to Ship - The Original Gardenia Hair Flower for Weddings as seen in Southern Weddings  Magazine in Antique White with Alligator Clip
Gardenia hair flower by dkdesignshawaii
I quickly ordered a pair and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Yipee! One more minor detail crossed of the list.

Will you be wearing any hair accessories on the big day? Did your hair style impact what accessories you chose?

No comments:

Post a Comment