Google Analytics

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rehearsal Dinner Decision

Before even beginning planning the specifics, I was pretty darn excited about the rehearsal dinner. I mean for one, I love food and obviously there would be dinner. Secondly I was stoked to be able to enjoy one of the yummy Williamsburg restaurants that I don't get to frequent now that I'm no longer in my college years.

There are so many great options in Williamsburg that it could be overwhelming, so I decided to limit myself to options within walking distance of the chapel and our hotel. Also I was hoping for something on the fancier side for a more formal sit down dinner.

One of my top contenders was Fat Canary. Cozy and intimate, it would be the ideal location for a formal rehearsal dinner. And did I mention that the food is crazy-good? Yum. I also considered  Blue Talon Bistro. Blue Talon is another intimate restaurant with an upscale feel. Located just steps away from campus, they serve what they call "serious comfort food." I just call it seriously delicious!

Image via Blue Talon Bistro
 I thought I had it pretty much narrowed until I started requested price quotes and inquiring about setting a menu. I cannot express how shocked I was by the minimums. We're talking about thousands of dollars, y'all... thousands of dollars that we don't have to spend. I quickly decided to scrap "fancy schmancy" as one of my requirements and do a little rethinking.

I had previously considered having a little Friday night get together to welcome our out-of-town guests at one of my all-time favorite hangouts, Green Leafe.

Image via Williamsburg Chamber of Commerce

It may not look like much from the outside, but the Leafe serves my favorite pub-style food in the 'burg, and has the most extensive beer menu in the area.

Image via Green Leafe Cafe

I began to think it was time to give the Leafe a little more credit. I contacted the catering department and found that they could accomodate us on our date AND would be within our budget. YAY! Once it was set, I couldn't believe that I ever had thought about holding the dinner anywhere else. It will be perfectly casual and laid-back. There will be no fussyness, just "Good Beer. Good Food. Good People. Bad Parking." (If you get this reference, then I owe you a pitcher. ;))

Did you have a rehearsal dinner? How difficult was it to find a restaurant that met all your requirements?



No comments:

Post a Comment