Google Analytics

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More on Monograms

Where we last left off, I was overwhelmed with the options I had developed for our monograms. Y'all were incredibly helpful offering feedback, and I loved reading all the different opinions. From the voting, it seemed that the most favored monogram was the block letter option:

I have to admit it was also my favorite, but something still just didn't feel right. I wasn't enthused. I've always been a sucker for a classic script monogram and a couple of you ladies picked up on my hesitation with using block letters. Miss_Manda hit the nail on the head when she suggested that maybe I hadn't found the right script. (Thanks for pushing me to keep looking!) And harperlynn even PM'd me with an example of another font she had seen. (The Hive seriously rocks!) So I continued my search and eventually found the font I'd been dreaming about...VINE MONOGRAM! So for pre-ceremony items, I will be a good little hawk and follow etiquette rules by using this monogram, which does not feature Mr. H's last name:

 
And for post-ceremony, at the reception we will be using our combined monogram:
I still have a smidge more tweaking to do with exact spacing and size before I'm ready to start printing these, but I am so thrilled that I was able to find exactly what I had envisioned.

I cannot thank the Hive enough for help on this one! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment