Google Analytics

Monday, November 28, 2011

Save The Dates: Revisited

Remember when I shared my save the date indecision? I was torn between the magnet and the postcard. I pained over the decision, worrying that postcards might get lost in the shuffle. Y'all gave me some great feedback and eased my fears. When my engagement session photo disk came in, I went straight to work, creating four different postcard design options and threw in one magnet design for good measure. Mr. Hawk and I reviewed them, and I thought we had it settled... I was wrong.

The next morning I told Mr. Hawk that I was planning on submitting my order that day in case he had any last minute input. (Of course he did. Why did I open my mouth?) He was suddenly concerned about the postcards. Would they get lost? Would people chuck them? He thought magnets were definitely the way to go. I was flabbergasted. I had brought up these concerns not only on the blog, but verbally. To him. Personally. More than once. (Does anyone else feel like sometimes they must be talking to a wall?) I had bookmarked several options that I liked before, but decided to do a last minute etsy search. I came across a couple designs that really caught my eye by Sunshine Greeting Card Co.


Images via scgg

I loved the simplicity of the designs and they were different that many other STDs I had seen. SCGG offers options of both postcards and magnets. (We were obviously going the magnet route.) The magnet option was more affordable than what I had seen in my previous searches. And I was very excited since it really involved minimum effort on my part. Email wording and photo. Done. I was so proud of myself for not going into panic-mode.

Anyone else suffer from the SO half-listen? Has it caused any snags in your planning?



No comments:

Post a Comment