Google Analytics

Friday, November 18, 2011

No Cake For You.

I am not a cake person. For some reason it's just never been my thing. Even as a child I would pass on the birthday cake. Now show me some warm chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies, and we have a different story; however, in the past year or so I discovered something very curious: my distaste for cake comes to a screeching halt when cake becomes CUPcakes. I think has a lot to do with the fact that cupcakes come in so many flavors: key lime, apple pie, salted caramel, carrot cake, red velvet, s'mores, banana split, peach cobbler... (I could fill a whole post, but for y'alls' sakes, I'll keep myself in check.)

Trying new flavors and cupcake shops has almost become a sport for Mr. Hawk and I. If we find a new shop in town, we pick out a half dozen to take home and feast on them rest of the week. (Correction: mine last a week. Mr. Hawk eats all of his within two days and then pouts until I share my half with him.) We even have our favorites cupcakes and shops ranked. (Moistness of cake, cake to icing ratio, and cupcake size are all considered.) It.Is.Serious.

Pearl's Deep Dish Apple Pie my absolute favorite! Via Foodspotting
So naturally since cupcakes are somewhat of a large presence in our lives, they must be a part of the wedding dessert menu. It makes me a little sad to be missing out on some gorgeous wedding cakes, but it just wouldn't be the Hawk wedding without cupcakes.

That being said, I've begun to think a lot about the cake-cutting. I honestly don't think I would be devastated to miss it, but it is a really sweet moment between bride and groom. I suppose we could feed each other cupcake, but then we wouldn't have a reason to buy an awesome Kate Spade cake cutter! But in all seriousness, I've been wondering if we should compromise and get a small cake for the top tier of our cupcake stand.

Image via Top Wedding Cakes
Hive, help me out. Did you/are you considering serving cupcakes as your main wedding dessert? If so, did you forgo cake all together?

(Totally off subject but does anyone else immediately think of the Bachelor/Bachelorette and their inability to pronounce  the word "forgo" on the overnight dates?!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment