Google Analytics

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An Engaging Photo Session

A couple weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon, Mr. Hawk and I met up with Valerie of Valerie Demo Photography in Downtown Richmond for our engagement session. When trying to decide where to take our photographs, I had a little difficulty. After my relentless stalking Valerie's blog (along with other inspiration like SMP, Bride's Cafe, Weddingbee...) My brain was clouded with so many beautiful ideas.

I adored the look of on the beach photos with dreamy light:
Photo via Valerie Demo
But the beach isn't really Mr. D and I's thing. (We're kinda more pool people!)

I also loved the rustic countryside photos:
Photo via Gabe Aceves
But again, it didn't really feel like us. (I mean we live within the city limits, for goodness sake.)

Since we're getting married in Williamsburg instead of Richmond, we really wanted a way to feature our hometown, the city where we met and fell in love. There are plenty of beautiful parks and scenic areas great for photo ops, but we chose to go downtown for our e-session. (More specifically Shockoe Bottom and the Canal Walk.) I couldn't be happier with the way the photos turned out. Here are some of my favorites:


Did you take engagement photos? How did you decide where to take them?

Photos personal unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. I love the one with your head on his shoulder. I'm a new follower from weddingbee! You can find me over at athrillingadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete