Google Analytics

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Love Affair... With My Hair??

This may sound a little silly, but I L.O.V.E. my hair. (And the versatility of it!) From a very young age, my mom meticulously styled my hair with a new look daily: braids, ribbons, bows, curls, and ponytails. In my world, every day was a new adventure in hair. Apparently wanting to change up my look with different hair styles stuck with me all these years. Changing my hair to combat boredom has been my crux:
College years: Long with highlights: "Look ma, no hands!"
All-over color dyed dark brown
Major chop and MAJOR highlights
Back to dark last winter
Because my hair stylist happens to be a good friend of mine and knows my penchant for hairstyle ADD, one of the first things she asked me after getting engaged was what color and what length my hair would be for the wedding. She wanted me to plan ahead so we would be ready. I decided to go long and stick with natural-looking highlights. (This is the way I feel most "me," and the style I consistently come back to after major changes.) The only problem? No changing up my hair. The thought of it makes me mentally squirm. No more fun spur of the moment cuts or dye jobs just for kicks. My hair is all business 'til May. I have a feeling I'm going to be running to the salon for a major change-up once the wedding is over.
This face is for you, Chels. You're killing me! Currently long and highlighted

How did you plan in advance for your wedding hair look? Does anyone else out there suffer from hair ADD like me?

All photos personal

No comments:

Post a Comment