Google Analytics

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Shouldn't All Family Members Be Allowed to Attend?

I am probably not going in the direction that you think... I am talking about by fur-babies: Bella, Jetta, and Tug. Some of you may think that I have a screw or two loose, but in my eyes the Hawk pups are a legitimate part of our family. In fact, they are our family. When we first moved in together, the joining together of my Bella and Tug with Mr. Hawk's Jetta under one household was the first real step in creating our own little family unit. In my head I'm picturing the Brady Bunch intro with dogs... (I probably lost a few of y'all with that statement, right? Yes, I'm the crazy dog lady.)

Tug



Bella and Jetta

(Personal photos)

They are my protectors (from the big bad mailman), my cuddle buddies when its couch time, and my all-around companions. They are such a huge part of me and shape my daily life. So it's only right that they be part of the day where the Hawks officially and legally become family, right?

Can't you just imagine our little flower girl walking "B" and "Jetta-pants" down the aisle? It would be such a sweet moment.
Image Via The Knot, Photo by Missy Photography
And I love the idea of a floral collar.
Image via The Knot, Photo by Laura Ivanova

And how freaking handsome would "Tuggles McGuggles" look in a bow-tie, carrying our rings? My heart melts...

Image via Etsy shop Big Paw Collars
Having them participate in our wedding would be priceless! Alas, reality has set in, and I'm having to accept that my furry family will not be able to be present on our day. Wren has very strict guidelines: NO.DOGGIES.ALLOWED. (Just because it's a 300-plus year old building and historical monument? Psh. Who do they think they are...)

And if I think about it with even more scrutiny, I know that Bella would probably squat halfway down the aisle, Jetta would be knocking peoples hands to be pet, and Tug would surely jump up on half our guests to greet them with kisses. But in my head I can't help but dream...

Are you incorporating your fur-babies into your big day? (Or do you think I'm completely looney tunes?)

No comments:

Post a Comment