Google Analytics

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Secret Life of Bees: All About Mrs. Hawk

It's been quite a while since the last post in this series, but I've always enjoyed reading more about my fellow bee bloggers. Y'all already know so much about the planning that went into my wedding, and soon you'll know all about the big day when I begin my recaps. Even though I've shared a few little secrets with the hive, I think that I still may surprise you...

I have a serious obsession with music. So much so that my iTunes library has over 5,000 songs. That's enough to play music for over 15 days straight. (And that was after a major clean up of music I hadn't listened to in years!) I honestly believe that this obsession has lead to music lyrics taking up more than half my memory. I mean, who the heck still remembers all the words to Raffi songs at my age?!

Baby Beluga
Image via Amazon
Baby Beluga? Down by the Bay? All still stuck in my brain. And I'm childless. From my first concert (Amy Grant!) to my most recent (Avett Brothers!), music has always just stuck with me.

Since I've announced my music obsession, I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I was a dancer most of my life. I've pretty much done it all: jazz, tap, modern, ballet, pointe, lyrical... You name it, I've probably danced it. (Well, except ballroom. I'm pretty sure Mr. H would rather break his foot than have to ballroom dance with me.) One of my favorite dance memories was being a part of my high school's dance team, The Emerald Belles. During football season we would perform high kick routines (most often in cowboy boots and sparkly hats).

BM T and I

A full-length shot (although we typically wore plain green skirts) with a baby Sissy Hawk! Isn't she precious?
During the winter, we would compete in more traditional forms of dance like modern or lyrical, but high kick was still our specialty.
High kick during a pep rally. (I'm in the middle!)
My time in Texas certainly left a significant impact on my life. So when my family decided to move back to Virginia, I was considerably upset. Even though I was in Nashville for college, I was still pretty devestated  about leaving. Being a rebellious 19 year old, I decided to get a tattoo (about the size of a quarter) to show my Texas love.

Other random facts about Mrs. Hawk?

I'm Hispanic (from my mother's side). I can speak Spanish, but I'm far from being fluent. In fact the last time I spoke on a regular basis was when I Momma Hawk and I traveled through Spain.

Photo by Valerie Demo Photography, cropped by me
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I have a serious love for tea, especially Tazo brand. I keep enough in my house that I could give Starbucks a run for their money.
A peak into my pantry
I have a not-so-secret obsession with shopping. I thought about sharing a photo of my closet, but I'm actually a bit embarassed about it's current state. At any given time, I have at least one window and an app open on my phone for browsing different things. Mr. Hawk is apalled at the amount of shopping-related emails I receive.
Just the ones I've received within the last couple hours...Mr. H may be onto something here...

So tell me, can anyone relate to one of my secrets?

*All photos personal unless noted otherwise*


No comments:

Post a Comment