Google Analytics

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hawkily Ever After: The First Look

I had grand plans of walking over to the chapel with our photographer to meet Mr. Hawk for our first look, but time got in the way, and I found myself running a few minutes behind schedule. Luckily Daddy Hawk came to the rescue. He swung by the bridal suite to pick me up.

When we arrived on campus Daddy Hawk helped carry my train as I searched for Mr. Hawk in the distance.
He was patiently waiting for me no doubt passing his time on ESPN.
I left Daddy Hawk and made my way towards my groom.


I was completely elated to see Mr. Hawk. So much of the anxiety I had been feeling completely dissipated the moment I saw him. I felt pure joy.
I immediately swiped Mr. Hawk's sunglasses so I could see his eyes, and he had a good laugh. I'm pretty sure he was saying, "what are you doing?!"
I went in for a giant bear hug, which was just what I needed.

I checked out Mr. Hawk in his suit. He looked so dapper!


Of course I had to show off my dress and sparkly shoes.


Having Mr. Hawk by my side was such a stress reliever. Given that I come to tears fairly easily, I was expecting major waterworks, but instead I felt complete relief. I am so glad that we decided to do a first look not only for the photos but also for the extra moments we were able to share together.

Will you be doing a first look?

All photos by Valerie Demo Photography


Miss a Hawk recap? Don't fret! Catch up here:

We review our planning journey
We rehearse and welcome our guests
The girls get pretty
Miss Hawk becomes a bride
I share my bridal details
Mr. Hawk becomes a groom

No comments:

Post a Comment