Google Analytics

Monday, August 13, 2012

Hawkily Ever After: The Day Before

The few days leading up to my wedding were a blur. Momma, Daddy, and Sissy Hawk all flew in the Wednesday before our Saturday wedding, and I have a really hard time recalling exactly how we spent that time. I know we ran some errands, I completed some last minute projects, and we even squeezed in a Richmond Squirrels game Thursday night to "de-stress," but the only thing that really sticks out in my memory was the emotion I was feeling: anxiety, stress, and panic were surging through me. The multitude of tasks to be completed kept me spinning. It really came to head the day before the wedding.

Daddy Hawk and Mr. H had planned a round of golf for Friday morning, while Momma H, Sissy H, MOH A, and I were to make the drive to Williamsburg together. The morning came and I was feeling frustrated that Mr. Hawk was taking it easy on the golf course, while I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to have my favorite men bonding, but at that moment it felt like the world was on my shoulders alone. I'm pretty sure I was cursing Mr. H as I hurriedly cleaned out his car last minute.

Because we had so many items to transport, Mr. H and I switched vehicles for the drive. We packed up my larger SUV with all the wedding items, while I drove his smaller sedan. It didn't seem like an issue until the vehicle was packed with bags and we ran the last errand: picking up the wedding dress.



Poor MOH A and Sissy Hawk had to withstand a one hour drive under the puffy pink heat of my dress bag. There was not an inch of extra room.

Once we arrived in Williamsburg, it was another whirlwind. We checked into the hotel, only to turn around and grab lunch before heading to the nail salon. I received two hours reprieve with my bridesmaids while we enjoyed manicures and pedicures, but at that point I was in a haze. I remember slowly sipping on some crappy coffee, trying to perk up, while my insides were swirling. At that point I could have crashed, but we still had so much left to do.

Did anyone else experience a quiet, internal panic the day before the wedding?


Miss a recap? Don't fret! Catch up here...

We review our planning journey

No comments:

Post a Comment