Google Analytics

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hawkily Ever After: Getting Pretty

The morning of the wedding I woke up around six in the morning after getting only four hours of sleep. My best intentions of leaving the cocktail party early the night before were foiled by my inability to sleep. Luckily we had an errand to run first thing to keep me busy. MOH A and I made a delivery to Legacy Hall to drop off the seating chart, cigars, and table numbers. Unfortunately we ran into a snag when the door was not unlocked at the time we requested. We ended up getting stuck there for a little longer than planned, and by the time we got back, I had to quickly jump in the shower before the makeup artist arrived. I was scheduled last, so I had enough time to blowdry before sitting in the chair.

Theresa Little started with my makeup, giving me the perfect natural smokey eye with individual lashes.

Photo courtesy of Momma Hawk
Then she airbrushed the rest of my makeup and made me a touch-up kit, which was a savior considering I chowed down on a Cheese Shop sandwich right after my makeup was complete. (Oops! Eat first, ladies!!)

Photo courtesy of Momma Hawk
As soon as I finished eating lunch, C began working her magic on my hair.
Photo courtesy of BM T



Before she could finish, Groomsmen R popped over to drop off my wedding gift from Mr. Hawk. I had completely forgotten about delivering mine, so I was relieved that Mr. H remembered!


You might notice that the two boxes look eerily similar exactly the same. Mr. H and I bought each other watches and had them engraved with our married monogram and wedding date. (I'll admit a little cheeseball, but I love it.) Even though receiving it wasn't a surprise, I was still giddy about opening it up and checking out the inscription while C got back to work.


In betweens curls and bobby pins, MOH A broke out the champagne.

Photo courtesy of BM T
Photo courtesy of BM T
We had a little toast, and it was back to beautifying.
Proof we used the champagne flutes! Photo courtesy of BM T
Photo courtesy of BM T



Photo courtesy of BM T



One last spray of hairspray and my primping was complete!

Will you be using a professional makeup artist or hair stylist?

*All photos by Valerie Demo Photography unless otherwise noted*

Miss a recap? Don't fret! Catch up here...

We rehearse and welcome our guests
We review our planning journey


No comments:

Post a Comment