Google Analytics

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

POP QUIZ: Your engagement story!

A few months back, Mrs. Pin Cushion posed some interesting questions about relationship behaviors in a two part series. Curiosity got the best of me, and I couldn't wait to ask a few questions of my own. I want to know all about your engagement stories! (And if you join in, I promise to spill my own dirty details!)

Tell me about your relationship...

1.) How long were you with your SO before you got engaged?
a. Less than 6 months
b. 1 year
c. 2 years
d. 3 years
e. 4+ years

2.) Did you live together prior to your engagement?
a. Yes.
b. No.

2.) Did you ever considering yourself to be waiting for the ring?
a. No.
b. Maybe? We planned on becoming engaged, but I never got to the point where I felt impatient.
c. Yes, we talked extensively about marriage, and I was getting a bit antsy.

Tell me about the proposal...

3.) Was your proposal a surprise?
a. Yes, I was completely caught off guard.
b. Yes, the actual proposal was a surprise, but I knew it was coming. (Did you go ring shopping? Did your SO start to act differently?)
c. No, it wasn't a surprise. (Is your SO horrible at keeping secrets? Did you find the ring? I need details!)

4.) Where did your proposal take place?
a. At a public place (restaurant, park, etc.), but it was just the two of us
b. At a public place with friends and/or family
b. At home, just the two of us
c. At home with family and/or friends

Tell me about the ring...

5.) My engagement ring's stone is a ...
a. Diamond
b. Sapphire
c. Ruby
d. Moissanite
e. Emerald
f. Something else - Do tell!

6.) What cut is the stone?
a. Round
b. Princess
c. Emerald
d. Cushion
e. Oval
f. Asscher
g. Something else

7.) Were you involved in selecting the ring?
a. No, not at all.
b. Yes. I showed my SO pictures of rings I liked
c. Yes. We went shopping together, but the ultimate selection was made by my SO.
d. Yes. I picked out the exact ring.

After the proposal...

8.) What is the first thing you did after the proposal?
a. Spent time alone with my new FI
b. Celebrated with or called family
c. Celebrated with or called friends
d. Posted the news on facebook/twitter

9.) How long is/was your engagement?
a. less than 6 months
b. 6 months to a year
c. 1 year to 1.5 years
d. Over 2 years
e. Still undecided

Since I promised I'd share, here are my answers!

1.) B - We were together a little over a year.
2.) A - We were living together for about seven months.
3.) C - I'll admit it. After we went ring shopping, I was antsy. (Antsy might not be strong enough.)
4.) B-ish/C-ish. We had shopped for the ring so I knew it was coming. Unfortunately Daddy Hawk might have called me looking for Mr. Hawk while we were on vacation in NYC. And he might have mentioned that Mr. Hawk had been trying to get a hold of him. At that point, it wasn't a big surprise.
5.) A - Mr. Hawk proposed in Central Park, but being that it was a Sunday morning, there wasn't a soul in sight.
6.) A - I'm a pretty traditional gal in a lot of ways. (And so is Mr. H!) I never even thought about something other than a diamond.
7.) B - Before ring shopping, I wanted an emerald cut, but once I tried on a princess cut, I completely changed my mind.
8.) C - I gave Mr. H my top three picks, but to be completely honest, I made it 100% clear which one was my absolute favorite!
9.) A and B - We were traveling back home that day, so we enjoyed a couple hours of alone time. Once we were through airport security, I immediately called Momma Hawk (and then bought a wedding magazine). Mr. H posted "game over" to facebook.
10.) C - We were engaged for 14 months.

I can't wait to see how my answers line up with the hive!

No comments:

Post a Comment