Google Analytics

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shabby Chic Table Numbers

Like many bees before me, I fell in love with framed table numbers and was determined to have them. While I wanted them to look cohesive, I was craving a more homey, mistmatched look. So over the course of a week or so, I made many a stop to gather a collection of frames from Hobby Lobby, Marshall's, Home Goods, Target and Kohl's. I also picked up plain wooden numbers, Krylon primer, Krylon paint in cream, and a cardstock pack, featuring various prints (similar to this one).

MOH A painting the primed numbers
The primer took about 40 minutes to dry while the paint took only about ten! We only had to apply one coat to the numbers, which made the time pass pretty quickly. While they were drying, we selected the paper backgrounds that best fit each frame. This was definitely the fun part of the project!

Because I didn't want to ruin my nice frames that will hopefully adorn my house post-wedding, I didn't glue the paper down. After the cardstock was cut down to size, we just removed the glass, put the paper in to the edge of the frame, and replaced the glass behind it to ensure sturdiness. Using my prized Elmer's Craft Glue, we glued the painted wooden numbers to the paper and let dry for several minutes.

Ready to see the finished product?





A closeup! (Because two other shots are not enough!)
Yay for table numbers!
Will you be created framed numbers? If not, what are you using instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment