Google Analytics

Monday, April 9, 2012

Showered with Love

Just a short week ago, MOH A hosted a lovely, intimate get-together at her home in my honor: my bridal shower! It was everything I could have imagined and more. I was simply thrilled to be surrounded by the most important ladies in my life. What made it extra special was that Momma and Sissy Hawk made the trek from California to spend a couple days with me. Sharing the day with them really took the shower over the top.


MOH A knows me a little all to well and the delicious spread of goodies clearly showed it. Hummus, a variety of olives and cheeses, french bread, and sangria all made an appearance. (And were quickly embibed!) J even brought along this lovely (and DELICIOUS) cake as dessert.

Isn't it gorgeous?!
The games were a blast. First the ladies took a short quiz to see who knew the most about me. Momma Hawk won by a landslide although I think she had an unfair advantage! ;) Then I had to answer questions about Mr. Hawk that he had previously answered. I didn't do too poorly, but there were a couple of instances when I wanted to contest the responses. Mr. H's age seems to be affecting his memory. (Juuuust kidding, honey!)

One of my favorite parts was watching everyone construct their toilet paper wedding dresses. They really got into it!
Sissy Hawk looking a little unsure
BM R getting done up.
 
BM K and E working on the winning number
I honestly think BM K and E might have missed their calling as toilet paper dress designers. They went all out and even created a rosette for T's hair. There was no denying their design being the winner!

Overall, my shower was such a wonderful experience! I'll admit, I was a little apprehensive going in, not because I didn't think it would be great, but because I was thinking of being in the middle of the room with all eyes on me. But once I was there, I didn't once think about being the center of attention, and I just enjoyed every moment with my nearest and dearest.

Just a few of the lovely ladies: BM R, J, me, MOH A, and T

The hostess with the mostest
  What games did you play at your bridal shower? Were you at all concerned about being the center of attention?

 *All photos personal*

No comments:

Post a Comment