Google Analytics

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hawkily Ever After: Let's Eat!

Remember how I grabbed some bread ends at the hotel prior to the reception because I was so starving? Well needless to say, sitting down to dinner was such a welcome treat. It was the first time I was able to sit back after the hectic schedule of the day and the first time I was able to get a good look at the reception hall. I could not have been more pleased.






Bucking tradition, Mr. Hawk and I chose to sit with our families at the head table, and I'm so glad we made that decision. It's not that I don't love my bridesmaids and groomsmen, but with my family traveling from California, I was so thankful to have those extra moments with my parents.
I vividly remember the conversations I had with Momma Hawk about the day, and our wedding party was able to mingle with their other friends. Plus I actually had the opportunity to eat.


Have you given though to your head table set up? Will it be family or your wedding party? Are you planning on a having sweetheart table?

All photos by Valerie Demo Photography, Catering by The Catering Company


Miss a Hawk recap? Don't fret! Catch up here:

We rehearse and welcome our guestsThe girls get prettyI share my bridal detailsMr. Hawk becomes a groomOur first lookWe take photos at Crim Dell BridgeWe explore campus for more photographyThe groomsmen ham it upThe bridal party channels their inner modelThe entire wedding party regroupsMy last moments as a MissWelcome to our wedding ceremonyThe bridal party processionMiss Hawk's walk down the aisle We're married!

I scarf bread ends while our guests enjoy cocktail hour
We make our grand entrances
Mr. Hawk and I have our first dance

Mr. Hawk's mother-son moment

9 comments:

  1. love the colour scheme used!
    I just came by your blog this morning - I'm now your latest follower.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the photos x looked like such a wonderful time x beautifully done as well x

    looking forward to your next post!
    Natali x
    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of you having your family at the head table...I think this is how everyone should do it...melt my heart!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! :)

    Your pictures are amazing, you make a gorgeous bride. I hope you had a wonderful day!! :)

    Looking forward to your next post. :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum yum! This is such a classy spread - it sounds heavenly! I love photographing weddings and getting to eat so much yummy food (although yours looks like some
    Of the best I've seen!

    Xo,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful lay out! and it looks yummi!

    you have a bautiful dress! wauw

    http://rachelkromdijk.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete