Google Analytics

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hawkily Ever After: You are the Best Thing

After making our grand entrances, it was time for Mr. Hawk and I to have our first official dance as man and wife.


I never really talked about our song selection process, but Mr. Hawk and I both contributed songs from some of our favorite artists to a playlist. I added a few classic love songs to the mix, and over a couple months, Mr. Hawk and I listened to the music separately. We each had the same two or three songs on our individual lists, but when it came down to it, Ray LaMontagne's "You are the Best Thing" was our choice.


"Baby, it's been a long day, baby 
Things ain't been going my way You know I need you here To clear my mind all the time"



"And baby 
The way you move me, it's crazy 
It's like you see right through me and make it easier 
To please me you don't even have to try"




"Oh, because 
You are the best thing  You are the best thing  You are the best thing  Ever happened to me" 



"Baby, we've come a long way, baby  
You know I hope and I pray that you believe me 
When I say this love will never fade away" 


"Oh, because 
You are the best thing  You are the best thing  You are the best thing  Ever happened to me"



"Now both of us have known love before
To come on up promising, like the spring, just walk on out the door
Our hearts are strong and are hearts are kind
Well, let me tell you what exactly is on my mind"

"You are the best thing  
You are the best thing  You are the best thing  Ever happened to me"


"You are the best thing  
You are the best thing  You are the best thing  Ever happened to me"




All photos by Valerie Demo Photography


Miss a Hawk recap? Don't fret! Catch up here:

I scarf bread ends while our guests enjoy cocktail hour
We make our grand entrances

No comments:

Post a Comment