Google Analytics

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hawkily Ever After: Last Moments as a Miss

We finished up all of our wedding party photography, and I took a moment to snap a couple of pre-ceremony photos with my family.




At that point we were still waiting on our bouquets to arrive so the ladies and I decided to give our feet a rest. Being perhaps a bit unconventional, MOH A and I popped into the chapel and rested in the pews. It was a little surreal sitting in there, knowing that within a half hour the chapel would be filled with our family and friends.

 Within a few minutes the other ladies piled in and we were all enjoying a few not-so-quiet moments.
But the ceremony time was nearing, so our DOC ushered us into the Wren Building's Great Hall, our waiting room, away from the eyes of our guests. The Great Hall will always be significant to me. Not only was it my pre-ceremony waiting room, but it was also a place near and dear to my heart during my college years. MOH A and I's sorority held their yearly initiation ceremonies in the very same space.

Sneaking a peak at the guests' arrivals made the impending ceremony all more real.


I made sure my bees were securely attached to my bouquet before taking in my last single-girl moments.

I honestly could not tell you what was going through my mind during those last minutes...
 ...but apparently I didn't show my nerves as my bridesmaids and DOC, Liz, commented on my super-calm demeanor.
Before I knew it, Liz was telling us to prepare for our walk back to the chapel.

Do you think you'll be a calm bride?

All photos by Valerie Demo Photography

Miss a Hawk recap? Don't fret! Catch up here:

We review our planning journey
We rehearse and welcome our guests
The girls get pretty
Miss Hawk becomes a bride
I share my bridal details
Mr. Hawk becomes a groom
Our first look
We take photos at Crim Dell Bridge
We explore campus for more photography
The groomsmen ham it up
The bridal party channels their inner model
The entire wedding party regroups

1 comment: