Google Analytics

Thursday, July 12, 2012

OOT Wedding Packet

I mentioned in my post yesterday that I included a wedding packet in our OOT bags. Along with the Williamsburg guide books, I wanted to include a schedule of the wedding events along with personal recommendations of restaurants and activities to try in the area. Although I offered many of these same suggestions on our wedding website, I found that (like Mrs. Turkey also mentioned) many of our guests didn't utilize the site as much as I had thought they would. Plus, once on location, how many guests would think to pull up our wedding website for suggestions? For inspiration I of course turned to the 'Bee. Mrs. Cloud's post on her OOT bags helped me create the perfect informational packet.

To fit our theme of utilizing Kraft paper and monograms, I designed a simple cover.


I began with a quick welcome and details the guests could expect to find in the packet.




Although to my knowledge it went unused, having a contact list was a nice "just in case" for any possible questions or emergencies.



Probably the most important information was the schedule of events and wedding map. I loved that everything was laid out for our guests. Having this prevented me from having to field questions about events, timing, and locations.



Lastly I included a couple of restaurant and activity suggestions.




I'm happy to report that several guests followed my suggestions and enjoyed exploring (and eating!) in the Colonial area of Williamsburg before the wedding.


Are you creating a packet for wedding guests? If you were an OOT wedding guest would you find information like this helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment