Google Analytics

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

'Maids Dress Selections

(I know I have gone on about the trials and tribulations that my 'maids and I went through to get to this point, but I am so happy to report that all of the bridesmaids dresses have been purchased and I have the final dress lineup!

All images from J. Crew; lineup by Miss Hawk's cut and paste skills :)
From left to right: Juliette, Leona, Louisa, Sinclair, Arabelle
I am extremely excited about how the different styles look next to each other and can't wait to see my ladies wear them! I think they selected a great mix!

For anyone else interested in the J. Crew line, I have nothing but good things to say. The dresses are definitely well made and come in a number of different styles. J. Crew even recently released some adorable new silk chiffon styles:
Mirabelle and Macie

Some advice for those interested in saving a few bucks:

1. For those East-coasters, look out for warehouse and sample sales, specifically in Lynchburg, VA, Arden, NC, and NYC. (Often regional sales are also offered in the surrounding areas.) J. Crew Aficionada often posts the details. These sales often last anywhere from a weekend to two weeks.
I can't speak for the other locations, but Lynchburg does have a store attached to the warehouse that is open year-round. If you can't make a large warehouse sale, you can always call them to see if they happen to have any the dresses you are looking for in stock.

2. Check eBay. (OFTEN.) You'll pay more than you would at the warehouse, but definitely less than you would through J. Crew. Setting up an alert is the easiest way I've found to keep up-to-date with the latest listings.

3. Sign up for J. Crew's email coupons. Especially around holidays, J. Crew emails 20% - 30% off coupons usually off online orders of $150 or more.

Anyone else select the J. Crew line? Do y'all have any additional suggestions of ways to find a bargain dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment