Google Analytics

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Bow Tie Arrives

Finding bow ties in the perfect shade of yellow to match the bridesmaids dresses was not an easy feat. I spent hours online browsing before I conceeded that my old friend Etsy might be the best option. I stalked a number of shops before deciding on Tux & Tulle, which offered a vast array of yellow prints. The shop owner, Jane, was incredibly helpful. When I sent her several prints I was interested in, I also forwarded a picture of one of the dresses. Since she was so familiar with the fabric, she was able to steer me towards the best options.

I ordered just one to start to ensure that the color was close enough to the dresses. Recently the tie came in and I am super-pleased! So without further ado...

Here is Mr. H sporting the bow tie (with his running shirt no less, sigh...)


And here is the bow tie next to one of the dresses:


What do y'all think? I'm pretty darn pleased with the match. It may not be exact, but I think it's about as close as we're going to get. (And the print couldn't be more perfect.)

Anyone else struggle with matching the bridesmaid and groomsmen?

All photos personal

No comments:

Post a Comment