Google Analytics

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hitting 100 Days

Please excuse me for a moment while I get mushy-gushy...

Dear Mr. Hawk,
Exactly 100 days from today, we will be married. We have been engaged for just shy of a year now, but it almost feels like forever ago that you proposed to me while we vacationed in NYC. Being engaged has been awesome. I've been busily planning under the notion that it was all in preparation for some distant, far away date. Sending out the save the dates was a big "this is getting real" moment, but for some reason seeing that countdown clock hit 100 changed things. It got me excited and giddy because I know it's not some distant date down the road. It's actually approaching. (And rather quickly at that!) We've got most of the major details locked down, but these next couple months will probably be a whirlwind. Most likely I'll get caught up in silly details, and I can almost promise you that at some point you will find me on the floor crying surrounded by ribbons, paper, and/or fabric scraps. Thank you for your patience. I want you to know that while it may seem like I'm focused and caught up in all of the pretty, beautiful details, I am more than anything, first and foremost looking forward to marrying you. (I probably don't say that enough.) I love you. And because I've been on an Avett Brothers kick lately, this is for you. (Just ignore that January bit...)



 "...And in January [100 days] we're getting married..."

Hive, was there a moment that changed things for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment