Google Analytics

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pinterest: A Love/Hate Relationship

Since my last post about wedding shoes (what feels like forever ago), I let shoes slip right out of my mind. But lately the 'bee has literally been abuzz with gorgeous shoe posts, bringing my lack of shoes back to the forefront of my mind. I couldn't hide from it any longer. Like many others out there, I decided to turn to Pinterest to get my creative juices flowing. I pinned some great inspiration, like these adorable flats:
SUPERCUTE! Flats via J. Crew

(BUT if you're paying attention, these J. Crew flats are actually Crewcuts... as in children's shoes...Sigh.)

What felt like a few moments later I looked at the clock. To my surprise over an hour had passed. I quickly realized a couple of things:

1. I had just wasted an entire hour (at work). Oops!
2. I was no closer to making a decision on shoes. (In fact I might have been even farther from a decision than when I started.)

Now, I am loving Pinterest and wouldn't want to speak an ill word, but My Lord it is a distraction! And although I feel like I'm making progress by using it, the overabundance of pretty options actually causes me more confusion. I think I'm going to have to limit myself from now on. (Maybe a timer would work?)

Anyone else suffer a love/hate relationship with Pinterest?


No comments:

Post a Comment