Google Analytics

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another Dress Search: Mission Sissy Hawk

Or How the J. Crew Warehouse Sales Rock My World. (But more on that in a minute...)

While vacationing in NorCal, one of the highlights of my trip was helping my little sister, Sissy Hawk, find the perfect bridesmaids dress. Even though she's only eleven years old, she's been one of my biggest cheerleaders. She jumped into the process wholeheartedly and has even dedicated hours to Say Yes to the Dress and David Tutera in support of my big day. So seeing her joy and letting her be the princess and the center of attention was incredibly fun.

You may remember a while back when I revealed that I had chosen to go with the J. Crew chiffon collection. Although they technically do not make junior bridesmaids dresses, they do offer petites in many of the styles, and they ended up looking great on Sissy Hawk.

Here were her top contenders:

#1 Juliet
 

#2 Arabelle


#3 Lucienne

I had Momma Hawk hold off on ordering since I knew there was going to be a J. Crew Warehouse sale in Richmond right after my vacation. I must admit that I spent hours and made several trips, but I did come out successful overall. On my second trip (made during my lunch break) I came across several boxes that were relatively untouched. (In fact, the clothes were cold, indicating to me that they were fresh off the truck.) There (still folded!) was the Juliet dress in a size zero! It was heaven. I also found my sister a pair of adorable and age appropriate shoes. Total price paid? $30.


Now I'm not going to tell to you it's that easy. I have been back two additional times and have been less successful, but if I had gone with another color (say black, gray [graphite], or dark berry [spiced wine]) I would be in the money. (If your bridesmaids dresses are one of these colors and you live in the Richmond area, R-U-N to the warehouse sale and save yourself some money!)

For any RVA ladies out there who haven't visited yet, the sale is going on until the 22nd, open 10 am - 8 pm in the old Border's book store on Broad Street. (If you want more info, let me know!)

Anyone else have a moment when the stars aligned and you felt the bridal gods smile upon you? What's your greatest find?

All photos personal

No comments:

Post a Comment