Google Analytics

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The MOB Dress Dilemma


I know I told you just a few days ago that Momma Hawk purchased the gold Adrianna Papell Metallic Crepe Sheath Dress and Bolero from Nordstrom. (Here it is again in case y'all forgot how it looked.)
But then we made a stop off at Nordstrom Rack. (Real quick. Just to see their selection... Famous last words right?) One swoop around the clearance section, and Momma Hawk and I both had an arm full of dresses. (Sigh.) We are awfully glad we stopped though because after trying them all, we had added two additional (very affordable) dresses to the mix.

Originally, of the two purchased one was intended to be the rehearsal dinner dress and the other to be returned, but once Daddy Hawk saw them, he had a different opinon.

The first is Maggy London's Cap Sleeve Dress. (Although I was unable to locate the exact style online, it looks very similar to this dress. And while it appears white, the dress is actually a lovely creamy khaki color.) This was my favorite as the rehearsal dress, but Daddy Hawk voted it to be the official MOB wedding day dress. (The photo is a little dark, but the dress has cap sleeves, ruching at the waist, and a rosette on the left side.)
The second was Adrianna Papell's Rosette Sheath Dress. Daddy Hawk voted this as the rehearsal dress. I've got to be honest. I loved this dress and was begging Momma Hawk not to return it because it was so adorable, but I think I favor the Maggy London.
We thought we had it all figured out, but then Daddy Hawk threw a wrench in our plans! (As you can see, I am trying to blame it all on Daddy Hawk, but I must admit we were suffering from MAJOR dress overload. I'm sure a complete stranger could have swayed us at that point. Upon seeing my second MOB dress post Momma Hawk even started to reconsider the Donna Ricco Sheath.)

So please, help us Hive before we lose our sanity (and possibly buy out the entire dress department of Nordies)!

What dresses make up the winning combination?
Option 1: AP's Gold Metallic Sheath for the wedding, ML's Cap Sleeve for the rehearsal
Option 2: AP's Gold Metallic Sheath for the wedding, AP's Rosette Sheath for the rehearsal
Option 3: ML's Cap Sleeve for the wedding, AP's Rosette Sheath for the rehearsal
Option 4: A different combination (Please explain in the comments.)

All photos personal


No comments:

Post a Comment