Google Analytics

Sunday, January 8, 2012

It Feels Like Home

Hello Hive! I just arrived back home after a ten day vacation visiting my family in California.  It was a much-needed break, but I can't believe how much I missed the Weddingbee community! I'm back, fully refreshed, and I can't wait to share what I've been up to! Of course my vacation had plenty of relaxation and good 'ole family time, but it was also full of plenty of wedding-related activities. I even made some time to grab a burger with Miss Doe and Mrs. Lemon. (Thank you ladies for hanging out with me! It was such a treat.)

But more important than completing wedding tasks and what really stuck with me throughout the trip was the feeling of family, of comfort, and of love. Although Mr. Hawk has spent time with my family before and even came on a trip with us last year to Arizona, this was the first holiday vacation he spent with my family. It was by no means a "test," but it was definitely an incredibly important time for us. Family is of the utmost importance to me, and I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome.

My family welcomed him with open arms, and he participated in our annual ornament exchange. Momma Hawk even ordered him a stocking to display on our mantle and included him in the family Christmas card. I guess the best way I can describe it was that it felt completely "right." Like everything was as it should be and almost felt like he should have always belonged. I really couldn't have asked for more, which is such a great feeling as we're about to join our families together. I can't help but look forward to our future holidays together.
Our ornaments! Mine featuring one of our e-session pictures, his with our engagement date
Was there a time when you felt like you just clicked with your future in-laws? Were the holidays an important time for you and your SO?

All photos personal

No comments:

Post a Comment