Google Analytics

Monday, December 12, 2011

Tradition Shmadition?

Ask any one of my family and close friends and they will most likely tell you that I'm a fairly traditional girl with classic taste. And while our wedding ceremony will be quite traditional, there are some traditions that we've decided to do without.

The Bouquet Toss
Photo by Aislinn Kate Photography
For some reason, I've been against this idea from the start, and I'm not exactly sure why. I can't pinpoint it, but I know that I don't want to have one. (You may think this comes from some horrific experience of being clobbered mid bouquet grab, but I've never even seen one done! [Maybe that's why it's easy for me to write it off.])

The Garter Toss
Photo by Angel Navarro Photography
My problem with this tradition is crystal clear. Under no circumstance do I ever want Mr. Hawk to be lifting up my dress in front of 100 of my nearest and dearest. The thought of it actually makes me shudder. I know that we could skip the whole removal portion and still do the toss, but without a bouquet toss it doesn't seem to make much sense to keep it.

The Mother-Son Dance

This one is still up for discussion, but I have a strong feeling it's going to be nixed. Mr. Hawk does not enjoy dancing. In fact, the one thing he enjoys less than dancing is being the center of attention and having everyone watching him. (Unless, as he says, he brings himself to the center of attention.) So combining two of his most hated things? Recipe for disaster.

Are there any traditions that y'all have decided to skip? Which ones are most important to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment