Google Analytics

Monday, December 5, 2011

Save The Dates: Final Reveal

Once we had placed our order for our save the date magnets, I began thinking about how to mail them out. I knew that I didn't want to just drop them in an envelope without backing of some sort. Cue my favorite craft store: Hobby Lobby. Somewhere in between choosing the perfect ivory card stock, I came across packs of 50 notecards and envelopes made of Kraft paper. I hadn't even considered Kraft paper, but I instantly knew it was perfect.

Determined to make my project more crafty, I also picked out two stamps and a decorative edge punch.

Over several days I stamped and cut to my heart's content.

At one point after edging near 60 notecards, I got a little delirious and started believing that the paper scraps looked like the perfect mini mustaches for Bella.


Aaaand back to the STD's...

Tip: When stamping, I first inked and imprinted the first stamp and left it in place. I then inked the second and stamped it aligning it flush against the first stamp. This kept them straight and properly spaced.
The completed cards
Once the cards were complete, I cut slits in opposing corners of the back of the card to slide my magnet inside. I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but I used the magnet and marked off one side a time with my pencil, and then used my xacto knife to cut slits to slide the magnet in place.



I found that doing the corners separately was more time consuming, but definitely kept the magnet more secure.
I tried to crop the Tug whiskers, but they made the picture anyhow
The last step in the process was to write a note to our guests. It was one part of the postcard idea I was most looking forward to, and by using a card instead of of card stock I was able to include one! Mr. Hawk and I wrote short personal messages on the top inner portion of the cards before addressing them and sending them on their way.

Did you worry about how to package your Save the Dates?



No comments:

Post a Comment