Google Analytics

Monday, December 19, 2011

Officially honeymooning!

As I may have admitted a time or two before, I'm a pretty type-A girl. I crave organization and often require a wealth of information before making a big decision. Our honeymoon planning was no different. I originally asked Mr. Hawk to take charge and be the head planner for our honeymoon plans; however, when he didn't seem to be doing a lot of research, I quickly stepped in (and pretty much took over).

I scoured Trip Advisor for reviews and rankings (all while taking copious notes, of course). After a few months of off and on research, Mr. Hawk and I finally sat down over the weekend to make some concrete decisions. We've decided to go to Punta Cana, DR. Woo hoo! We will be staying at an all-inclusive resort, in the adult-only club area. I have never stayed at an all-inclusive resort before, but I am really looking forward to it. I like the idea of knowing what we're paying up-front, and I think knowing all our meals and drinks are taken care of will make for a less-stressful vacation.


Those canopy beds look like a great place for an afternoon nap! Images via Expedia
After officially booking our trip, Mr. Hawk proclaimed, "I'm sure glad my big portion of the planning process is over." Eeeer, what? I'm sorry, what part of the honeymoon did he plan? He did make a good point though. He could have done all the research in the world, and I still would have wanted to do my own. It's not that I don't trust him, it's just my nature. It was most likely a time-saver that I did the majority of the research. I'm just pleased as punch that we have another major decision taken care of. (And I'll give Mr. Hawk a little credit and say it was a joint effort!)

How did you decide where to honeymoon? Did one of you end up doing the majority of the research?

No comments:

Post a Comment