Google Analytics

Thursday, April 26, 2012

On Stress

Wedding planning, while it might be a beautiful and exciting thing, isn't always so bright and sunny. As my wedding date continues to draw near (we're talking mere weeks, y'all!), I continue to see my stress level rise, and I'm having trouble shaking it off.

Missing RSVPs? Oh yea, we have about half of ours still yet to be received. Our guests still have a couple days until our deadline, so I'm trying to stay optimistic. Final payments? I don't even want to talk about that. We have so much money flying out of our bank accounts these days, it feels like I might have to revert back to a college diet of Ramen every night. Details to be tied up? Oh, only about a thousand. Dress fittings, final meetings, schedules, not to mention everyday life...

I've really tried to find ways to stave off stress. Mr. H and I recently trained for and completed the Monument 10K. I've found running is a great release for me. I also joined the gym at my work. Group exercise classes are a great way to get my mind off things, and making new friends is always a positive thing. I've also had "girl time" and drank my fair share of wine as a distraction. I've gone to church, and I've made sure I'm getting a solid eight hours sleep. These tactics have been fairly helpful, but sometimes I still find myself overwhelmed. Last night was one of those times.

A glass of wine and some silly television did nothing to take my mind off everything, and I found myself balling on the couch. I'll admit crying it out did help alleviate some stress and a phone call to Momma Hawk was comforting, but I can't help still feeling a bit exhausted by it all. I know I'm supposed to be focusing on the fact that Mr. H and I are getting married and forgetting the silly details, but sometimes it is just freaking HARD to do.

Have you ever had a breakdown during the planning process? What do you do to alleviate stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment