Google Analytics

Friday, April 13, 2012

Distinguishing my MOH

I know that accepting the role of maid of honor is a large undertaking. Not even including the hefty monetary commitment, the position often comes with long crafting hours, countless conversations about everything from little details to drama, and the consumption of many, many bottles of wine. On all these fronts and more, MOH A has be A-MA-ZING. She has been supportive, made more than a couple trips to craft stores, threw me an awesome shower, and has definitely helped consume more than a few bottles of wine. She's pretty much a MOH allstar. Besides carrying a different title, I really wanted to think of a way to distinguish her as MOH on the wedding day but I struggled a little as to how.

I already talked to my florist, and for the ceremony she will be carrying a larger bouquet like the MOH pictured below.

Image via Wedding Chicks, Photo by  Jen Rodriguez Photography
But carrying a larger bouquet didn't really seem like enough. By reception time, I somehow doubt that she'll still be carrying around her bouquet.
I know often times the MOH will wear a slightly different dress like this:

Image via Weddingbee Boards from Ms. Library's wedding
 However if you remember, all my 'maids will be sporting different dresses, so this option is out.

I also considered making sashes for all my bridesmaids and having the MOH sash be a different color or stand out in some way.

Image via Sparkle and Hay, Photo by Scobey Photography
 As my DIY list piled up, the sashes idea went out the window.

Then the perfect solution appeared. One day I received an email about new items being added to the J. Crew sale section online, and thankfully I am unable to resist at least taking a peek. (Thank you, shopping addiction! You finally came in handy.) That is when I found this little gem.
Image via J. Crew
 Not only was it on sale, but I also received an additional 30% off! As soon as it came in, I had MOH A come over to model it for me and I couldn't be more pleased.

MOH A with her sash and a fake bouquet (Personal Photo)
 It compliments the dress perfectly and definitely adds a little extra "something." I love it!

Are you going to distinguish your MOH on your wedding day? If so, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment