Google Analytics

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Quick and Easy DIY Direction Signs

Like many others in the wedding world, I was obsessed with the beauty that is wedding directional signs.

Just Like Heaven: Meet Me By the Sea :  wedding destination wedding hawaii pictures pro pics recap Sylvia sylvia+
Image via Mrs. Ostrich, Photo by  Max Wanger Photography

The Bunting Bash: Welcome to Our Wedding :  wedding bloomington pictures pro pics recap Welcome1 welcome
Image via Mrs. Bunting, Photography by  Bryan and Mae Photography
 Knowing that our chapel was a part of a much larger building, made them almost a necessity. Unfortunately this task was one I left to last minute, and I needed to craft an easy fix. Then I remembered a post from Mrs. Ferris Wheel, showing off her DIY speech bubbles. With her method as my inspiration, I had a simple solution.

Supplies:
Using a large flap of a cardboard box, I drew an outline of an arrow, and then cut it out with the box cutter.




Then I used my cardboard arrow to cut the proper amount of contact paper. I tried to leave a bit of an edge on all sides so that I could fold the paper over and stick it to the back. (Sorry I didn't take a picture of this step, but it took four hands to make sure the contact paper applied to the cardboard smoothly and to eliminate all of the wrinkles/bubbles. You've been warned: you may need help with this step!)

To finish it off, I simply tied the twine around the slim part of the arrow, creating a hook to hang my sign. My bridesmaids had fun with the chalk markers and helped me display them around campus pre-ceremony.

Photo by Valerie Demo

They must have worked. We didn't have a single lost guest!

Did you leave any projects to the last minute that worked out better than expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment